Monday, September 8, 2014


Quelle Semaine!
 
What a week! Hey everyone, it was yet another really cool week here is the Southwest of France!

So last Pday (Monday) we went to the Pyrenees mountain range with La Famille Riviére!  It was one of the coolest things I have ever done. Check out the video clip on my Dad's Facebook.

Then on Tuesday we went to the city of Tarbes. It was a great experience and we were able to help out some of the missionaries there. I was even able to administer a few blessings.  It was a really neat and spiritual experience!  After Tarbes, we took a train back to Pau and taught a lesson in front of the castle of Pau where Henry IV was born!  It was legendary and we taught the Plan of Salvation. Our Amis' name is Anthony and he is progressing.

On Wednesday we were able to teach Anthony again with a member named Anthony Escroffre, who is a boss and I love him. He is preparing for a mission! Then we visited a less-active member and had a great experience talking about the Articles of Faith.

Also, I contacted a super cool family from Gabon who had just moved to Pau. The mom asked me if we were Christians and I was like, "OF COURSE!" and I gave them the address to our chapel and they came!

Thursday we did an exchange with the Zone Leaders in Bordeaux and I was with none other than my old companion Elder Zenger from Lyon!  It was so funny and cool to be back with him. The millitary man!

Then Sunday was amazing. It was Fast Sunday and we had our Gabon family there and our ami Yohan from Paris!  It was great and we were able to teach Yohan that night. It was one of the most spiritual lessons I have ever taught.  He was so sincere and he loved our message.

I have really enjoyed my time here in Pau, I have been able to truly grow and learn new things.

So, I was reading Zenos's allegory in Jacob, Chapter 5 in the Book of Mormon today.  It is such a great chapter! I love how it is all about Christ and His mercy toward us. I love how much diligence the Lord of the Vineyard and the Servant put forth into bringing forth good fruit. In spite of all the diggings and graftings and cuttings that mix the trees in all different parts of the vineyard, it was bringing back the "lost" branches to their source that produced the "good" fruit. I love how we see a theme of returning and reuniting. It reminds me so much of the Atonement and how it is a reconciliation of man to God. I am so happy to be among the last laborers in the Lord's Vineyard here in France!

Stories and parables like this are what increase our faith. I love you all and I hope you all have a great week!


Elder Charlie Bollard

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© Elder Charlie Bollard 2012 | Blogger Template by Enny Law - Ngetik Dot Com - Nulis