Monday, September 22, 2014

Charlie's Message to the Northwood Ward
 
Bonjour my beloved Northwood ward!  Its Elder Bollard writing from the city of Pau (pronounced “poh) France!  I remember that just a year ago I was giving my farewell talk to you speaking about faith and how we need to have an anchor in our lives to keep us steady and firm.  I had no idea what was in store for me then.

The work out here is great!  We have some investigators who are really progressing!  My ward has about 70 members who come each week and that number is growing!  We have been having some really powerful miracles lately that you can read about on my blog that my Dad posts every week!

A lot has happened this past year.  My life and the lives of those I love most have been changed forever.  But there is one thing that has not changed, and that is our solid faith in our Savior Jesus Christ and in His wonderful Plan for our eternal happiness.  We all have trials in our lives and for me it seems as though they come to my family in multiple doses simultaneously.  These trials are not consequences of disobedience or mistakes in our Father’s perfect Plan.  But they are evidence that the Lord feels we are ready to grow and they will polish us for our everlasting benefit.  He will "refine" and "purify" us until we receive his image in our countenances.

This gospel is true my brothers and sisters.  I love you all and I leave you with my testimony that the Lord lives and that he sends His invitation unto all, for His arms of mercy are extended towards us and He will receive us.  I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© Elder Charlie Bollard 2012 | Blogger Template by Enny Law - Ngetik Dot Com - Nulis