Saturday, June 7, 2014

Charlie's Dad here.  I just had to share this email sent from one of the other missionaries in Charlie's mission to his parents:



-------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Elder James Taylor <12jtaylor2@myldsmail.net>
Date: Sat, Jun 7, 2014 at 8:32 AM
Subject: Elder Bollard
To: Brian Taylor <briantaylor14@gmail.com>, Jill Taylor <jillerbean7@gmail.com>

I would imagine that you have heard from someone, but if not I would like to add my testimony! 

As I recieved my first call to train I recieved just the day after a letter in the mail from Mamma G explaining a missionary who we be coming in to the mission very soon, and who was great friends with the Swartwood family! This Missionary, as you have guessed, is Elder Bollard! The letter went on to explain that his mother had cancer and that when he said goodbye to his mother at the MTC, that would be his last goodbye in this life! I remember the feelings that I felt and the love I immediately felt for this Missionary and had the feeling that I would be training him that next transfer! I thought of the faith that he has to accept this call when his mother was really on her death bed! I thought of myself and started to cry for the love I feel for you mom and the feelings he must have had as he walked into those doors of the MTC! I remember thinking at that very instant, he truly is a man with faith and is one of my heroes! 

A couple days later, I walked into the chapel where the new missionaries were sitting and picked out Elder Bollard very quickly thinking I would be training him! That did not happen but I was able to be close with him throughout the mission as we have been in neighboring cities so we were able to see one another often! 

It was conference weekend as I was serving in Ecully, and I next to Elder Bollard during conference! The session ended and we began to talk. I remember thinking about many different things, but what came out was, "How is your family doing?"  He explained to me that his mother had passed away just a month before!  Elder Bollard went on to say how his testimony of this Gospel has grown and how his testimony of the Plan of Salvation is perfect!  I was then able to look him straight in the eyes and tell him how much I looked up to him for his faith. I told him how much I loved him and we were able to really feel a sweet spirit at that time!  We cried together a little before going to lunch and had a very tender experience! 

Elder Bollard is an example of extreme faith, of love, of diligence and obedience! He truly is an amazing missionary and I hope to be able to serve with him someday! I cannot even imagine losing someone i loved like you, or one of the brothers or sisters. That truly would be a scary thing that I am not sure I would be able to handle at this time of my life. But how I was able to see Elder Bollard take that news as he put his shoulder to the wheel and carried on with an even greater push to serve the Lord was just incredible and very inspiring!

I have taken it upon myself to look out for Elder Bollard since I saw him in that chapel of Ecully as a new missionary and will continue to do so as long as I can! In return, I learn so much from him that I will be able to keep for a very long time! 

This truly is the work of the Lord, I know he lives and that knowledge grows deeper and stronger each and everyday!!

I love you Mom and Dad, you truly are my greatest examples and biggest heroes, I love you so much!!!

Love your son,
Elder Taylor
Exactness
Je vous aime 

 Elders Taylor, Andrew and Bollard

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© Elder Charlie Bollard 2012 | Blogger Template by Enny Law - Ngetik Dot Com - Nulis