Monday, October 13, 2014

Charlie in Toulouse

Charlie with Elder Cole Thompson (Tori's nephew)

Bonne soirée familiale et les amis

HEY EVERYONE! So this week was actually one of the craziest ever! It started off with Mission Leadership Council, then Zone Traning (where we created a zone title of bapistry, similiar to Moroni's title of liberty), then an exchange with the Assistants to the President, then my first Sunday in the Toulouse Capitole Ward. MLC was awesome and I saw some old friends there. We talked about mothers and we were each asked to share examples of faith that our mothers have shown us. It was a great meeting. Then for Zone Training the APs came down the night before and we had a good time. Elder Elvidge and Elder Beyers are the APs now. Great elders.

Zone Training this past week was great. I loved being able to testify to the missionaries in our zone about their divine potential. We wanted to focus on their original, righteous motivations for coming out here. Then with these motivations, we made an oath to work harder and for the right reasons!

The exchange with the elders was way fun and we taught a family whose dog looked like scooby doo.

Sunday was amazing and guess what?! Jeremie Pichon from Aix en Provence moved into our ward and last sunday was his first sunday there as well. He got married and we hugged for like 5 minutes straight when we saw each other! I was a blue (new missionary) in Aix. It was such a sweet moment and he invited us over for dinner next week! Dad send him a message on FB.  He is great!

We also had a lesson with the FRENCHEST FRENCH PEOPLE I have ever met in my life.  It was a family. François, Marie-Chritsine, Louis-Charles, and Rebecca. They are so French its not even funny. We taught them about geneology and also taught therm some English because they aren't too religious. 

It was a great week and I love my companion and my new ward. There is great progress here. We were teaching a lesson with an ami named Sevane who wants to get baptized. He asked if baptism is something that we should do after we have already walked the path, know everything and our shoes are worn out or if it is something that we should just dive into. This really made me think and I told him that bapitsm is an important convenant with God that shows our willingness to follow Christ and there is no way that we will be able to walk to path without the gift of the Holy Ghost. This made me think about the blessings of baptism in my life and I was able to testify of the power of the HG to him. He is progressing so much and we are seeing him this Thursday.

I love you all and wish you the best week ever!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© Elder Charlie Bollard 2012 | Blogger Template by Enny Law - Ngetik Dot Com - Nulis