Friday, February 14, 2014


To be read at his Mother's Funeral tomorrow:
I am Christy's youngest son Charlie. I am currently serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the France Lyon mission.  I would like to share a few words regarding my mother and the Plan that our Father in Heaven has for us all.

My Mom is my hero. She has taught me so many things that I will cherish forever. Her passing is most definitely not the end and death is not a tragedy. "For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord" The Apostle Paul (Romans 8: 38-39). 

I know that my family will be reunited, and I know that I will see her again, for surely the Plan of Salvation is true.  Ammon's words have great meaning to me when he says that "God loveth our souls as well as he loveth our children; therefore in his mercy he doth visit us by his angels, that the Plan of Salvation might be made known unto us as well as unto our future generations" (Alma 24:14). This "Plan" is the sole reason we are here on earth. 

Ever since I was little, my Dad would always tell me "son, you need to have an attitude of gratitude."  Lately, I have been rehearsing that saying in my head and I have realized that my mother will never be forgotten. She will live on through her children and grandchildren, and she will be with me for the rest of my life.  The Savior has promised that "whoso receiveth me, there He will be also, for He will go before my face.  He will be on my right hand and on my left, and His spirit shall be in my heart, and His angels, my beautiful mother, round about me, to bear me up" (D&C 84:88). It is such a blessing to have her spirit with me.

My friends, faith looks forward.  I know that if we are faithful in tribulation, we will receive great blessings.  During our very short time here on Earth, the Savior taught us to live by faith, hold fast to hope, and show compassion one to another. This is how my Mom lived her life and it is how she taught me to live mine.

I wish I could be with all of you today, but I know that what I am doing right now is what my mother has always wanted me to do, and it is what the Lord needs me to do. 

I believe in my Savior Jesus Christ. He walks with me in my daily life and when I fall, His arms of mercy are extended towards me to pick me up. He loves me and he loves my family.  He is and always will be with us.  I say these things in the name of our Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

© Elder Charlie Bollard 2012 | Blogger Template by Enny Law - Ngetik Dot Com - Nulis