Monday, June 22, 2015

Au Revoir La Famille Roney!
My MTC District

Wow wow wow. What a week! So basically this past week was insane. We started off by teaching Aurore and we had a great lesson with her. Then we had dinner with Stephen Tagg's family. They are awesome and we presented the Family Mission Plan to them. Then on Wednesday we went to Aix. It was so cool to go back to where I started the mission. It felt like things had come full circle and it was really nice to realize how much I have progressed since I left that city.  
 
We spent the night in the ZL's apt and then had a zone conference with the Roneys.   President Roney called me up to speak to the missionaries about how my family survived the trials that we faced last year. I got up and told them that it was in that same chapel where I found out that my Mom passed away. I felt the love of God so strongly as I bore testimony on the fruits of the Gospel.  I told of the peace that I felt that night and the hope that filled me as I taught the Plan of Salvation right after hearing about my Mom. I encouraged the missionaries to be of good cheer, because we are here on earth to be happy and to have joy! (2Ne 2:25). It was a very emotional experience and I hope that I was able to touch some of the people listening to my talk.
 
After the conference we took a train to Lyon and I presented the same message there. How great it was to be with the Roneys before they left. I love them so much and I am forever grateful for their examples and love. I was able to have a final interview with President Roney and say goodbye to a lot of my mission buds. I will not be seeing many of them until after my mission. 

I love this work and I love the Lord, I know that He is patient with me in my trials and I know that He sustains me. You all rock, I love and pray for you! 

BYE

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© Elder Charlie Bollard 2012 | Blogger Template by Enny Law - Ngetik Dot Com - Nulis