Monday, March 16, 2015

J' habite a Bordeaux!
 
Hanging and eating with our ami, Nana Kwabena Sarpong Okumahkuma 
 
 Hey everyone!!! So transfers have come and I am writing this email from BORDEAUX! I am serving as a Zone Leader in Bordeaux starting today.  It is going to be a blast! The villes  (cities) in our zone are beautiful and I am with a great companion. His name is Elder Miner and he is from Paulo Alto, CA. ,He was Elder Mcbeth's former comp so I have heard some cool stories about him. I am looking forward to doing some excellent work here in Bordeaux. As for Toulouse, I am going to miss that place so much. That ville and those members will always be in my heart. I had about 5 different members say goodbye to me at the Gare de train today. I know that I will come back to visit that place!
This past week has been so memorable. We started off by going to the Kahnes on Monday night. I LOVE that family. They are amazing people. Then, after that ,we visited Marie Antoinette and she gave me photos of the time that I spent in Toulouse. That night we went to the famille Marcon for dinner and it was great!

Wednesday and Thursday were District Meetings. So we went to Albi again, then drove down with them to Toulouse for calls. Thursday night we went to the Pichons and had a great time. I will always remember that night. President called Friday morning to tell me where I was going. I was pretty surprised to get the call for Bordeaux! 

I told the members by text that I was leaving after I found out I was going to BDX and I got a call from the Lafargues saying, "Elder Bollard, we are taking you out to a restaurant tonight."  HAHA, I love the Capitole Ward!  We went to lunch that day with Pierre Fourtina (our WML) and then the Lafargues took us out to a nice French Restaurant outside of Toulouse. Saturday was geat. We went to the Osmans and then to our amis house for lunch and dinner. 

It was hard to say goodbye at Church yesterday but I am so grateful that I was able to meet such great people and members of the Church. I took a ton of photos with the members so you'll have to check out my dropbox to see them.
I will really miss these good friends from Toulouse!
 
 
 
I am excited for this new begining!  Bordeaux looks beautiful and I have my old friends Elders Thompson, Dupre, and Castillo serving in the zone. It is going to be a blast! Be sure to check out my email next week about week #1 in Bordeaux! You're all great. Keep the faith and work hard! 
 
Remember that it's all true. That is the best part about it :) (that's what the Silver Fox always says),
 
Charlie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© Elder Charlie Bollard 2012 | Blogger Template by Enny Law - Ngetik Dot Com - Nulis